Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nogi Sweeps, and Hip movement Galore.

Okay Dokay.... First things first.

Yesterday in Nogi Joe and Jason showed an armbar and a pendulum sweep.

ARMBAHHHHH (right side implied)
1. Wrist control and monkey paw or Armdrag 
2. Move left wrist to a forearm choke
3. Move hips out toward armside.
3. Left foot pushes off hip swivels to right side (make sure your right leg clamps down under their armpit.)
4. Finish

Pendulum Nogi
1. Armdrag / Wrist Con Monkeypaw
2. Hips out left side
3. Grab head or farside lat.
4. Underhook leg with right arm
5. Kick out/swing out with left leg.
6. Right legs kicks under their armpit.
7.Tuck left leg finish sweep.

Rolled with Nick and Elliot got my guard smashed. But they explained why.
1. When they grip my knees I need to move my hips out but not too far, and open my leg keep my other in between their legs.
2.  If he goes one under and pushes another leg down. I need to heavy leg the underhooked leg, Push the wrist of the arm on my leg. Grip behind the belt and pull him onto my hips and roll them behind me. 

3. In side control use the arm behind their head and bridge turning their head so I can escape my hips.

Passed some purple belts and good blue belts guards, and got to use my Batman Sweep (triangle turn upside down to inverted triangle.)

No comments: