Saturday, December 11, 2010

Some days you're the Nail

Ow....went to the Rolling class. Brown belts big and bigger smashed me the first two rounds. It wasn't good, I was squished. My attacks were batted away and I got top game dominated. I did manage to sweep the not as huge brown belt from reverse de la riva but his de la riva was killing me same with his closed guard. Then against the monstrous and hungry blue belt I was swept from closed and couldn't sweep or submit from my guard. This is great because now I know I need to work on several things.....POSTURE POSTURE POSTURE!


I need to apply on the bottom controlling posture better, using it to apply sweeps. Same thing with my grips I need to make sure I'm not half assing my grips. From top I need to focus on angling to create good posture.


Inside the de la riva I need to control their free leg that's not hooking and turn to my left (if they are using their left leg to de la riva hook), turn my foot inward and kick out to reset. Never let them settle. Drew was telling me I'm trying counter off their sweeps to pass which is good but really difficult, his idea was to avoid the position and deny them the de la riva guard. Makes sense.


Looks like I've got some things to work on.

No comments: