Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Catch up

So I've been competing a lot recently and it's taken a bit of a toll on my body specifically my shoulder. Because of this I wanted to slow down my rolling and increase my drilling, this way I can make the most of my mat time and really implant some of my new moves I've been working on. This month during every practice I'm going to drill kimura from side control, and to get to this position I'm going to drill the classica/roger gracie sweep.

Regardless apparently I'm on some sort of weird footlock/toehold tear in competition. Maybe it's because of the people I'm competing against or just my game is opening up these moves but I've been grabbing them recently. I kinda don't want to be known as the "footlocker" guy, since I feel like there is a stigma that comes with it. Or that it would somehow impair my guard passing. However I think about my favorite grappler Cobrinha and see that he uses tons of leg locks to win, but isn't know as "that guy". Anyway enough of my personal whining, lets talk about cool ways to choke, sweep, and smash people.


Butterfly guard to reverse armbar. To be hon
est when we first started doing this I didn't have a lot of faith in the move, it felt like garbage. I had to have Jerry come over and do it on me to notice the fine details that make it work. So lesson learned, it gives me the idea that maybe some of the moves I thought were stupid previously just need more work.

1. With a deep underhook reach up and over their arm closer to the elbow so that it pinches near your ear. The secret to getting them to move and keeping their arm is to keep the reaching pressure.

2. Use your butterfly hooks under them to push them away. Remove your hook come over the top with your leg, pinch your shoulder.

3. Tuck your bottom elbow in, get on your shoulder, pressure down on the elbow or smash that bitch down and snap it off!


Bam! There it is!

1 comment:

Georgette said...

Hope you're coming in town tomorrow, I want to learn how to snap peoples' arms off :)